Infrastructure Senior Systems Engineer
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a remote opportunity.
The System Engineer job family has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning, implementation and support activities for systems owned by the CommonSpirit ITD Operations Team. Specific responsibilities include installing and supporting system hardware and software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates. Responsibilities also include operational support activities such as resolving software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management. System Engineers work closely with architects, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for CommonSpirit customers and alignment with CommonSpirit’s IT standards, controls and governance. To be successful, individuals must possess a combination of technical, business and leadership skills. This requires an understanding of customers’ business needs, processes, and functions. They also require a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture, applications development and support, networks, and computer operations. In addition, individuals working in this job family must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements.
- Provides escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving. Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex problems for assigned program
- Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported platforms/products and environments.
- Focuses the majority of time on complex engineering, architectural and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments are large in scope and are highly complex.
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit ITD
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Lead projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between ITD Operations and other CommonSpirit ITD teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the CommonSpirit ITD change management process as it applies to the ITD Operations team.
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all ITD Operations platforms
- With oversight from the Principle System Engineering and System Manager(s), initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with CommonSpirit business processes and routines.
- Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best practices, and tools.
- Perform crisis management during high-severity operational incidents.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $38.81 to $50.46 hourly rates annualized.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 6-10 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.