Director Data Platform Application Programming Interfaces - (Remote Opportunity)
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provide Architectural, Engineering, and Operational leadership for the design, development and maintenance of all APIs to democratize data from the Enterprise Data Cloud Platform. This role will enable data, information, application, infrastructure, and business architecture for CommonSpirit Health's Data and Analytics applications and data services.
Purpose: Information Technology ELT+3 position to exercise strategic and visionary system wide thinking to engineer a cloud based ecosystem to democratize delivery of data for a variety of products and data services seamlessly integrated with CommonSpririt Health Infrastructure and Security Operations. Leverage the cloud with state of the art methods, modern tools, agile processes and highly competent talent with an eye on enabling improved outcomes and financial benefits.
Summary: Provide technical leadership for public cloud based enterprise data cloud that enables data lake, data warehouse, data products, analytics, AI/ML and Security Zone based data sharing with partners - all with security first and operational excellence mindset. Conceive, develop and manage the APIs on the Enterprise Data Cloud Platform for all of CommonSpirit Health and influence ITD in the areas of Cloud, API, CloudOps and Security Ops.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage a team of engineers, developers and analysts to design, implement and maintain all APIs on the Enterprise Data Cloud platform.
- Measure success of IT led system implementations across CommonSpirit Health through data driven analysis and process improvements
- Collaborate with product, design, compliance and business stakeholders to create unique, best in class experiences for the use of data from the Enterprise Data Platform
- Provide technical leadership for engineers, designers and product managers
- Develop technology roadmap for delivery of API ecosystem from the Enterprise Data Platform, including the implementation of FHIR APIs
- Maintain high availability of all applications run on the Enterprise Data Platforms by ensuring stable, secure and scalable cloud based platform
- Manage and deliver scalable, agile and cost effective products on the Enterprise Data Platform, related to delivery of data
- Collaborate with business leaders to drive innovation in organization to improve outcomes and bottom line
- Partner with other groups in the organization using analytics to identify opportunities for application optimization and measure outcomes of new technologies
- Influence and consult with multiple business groups in defining their business strategy, engineering their processes and change management to implement data driven solutions.
- Proactively ensure all APIs built and solutions provided to business are secure, compliant, performant, scalable, sustainable and affordable.
- Ensure projects/programs meet or exceed business expectations in terms of functionality, quality, schedule and budget.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $59.53 to $77.39, hourly rates, annualized.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
This is a remote work opportunity.LI-CHI
Master’s degree in Engineering / Information Technology
20 years of Information technology experience
5 years of Enterprise level data platform experience
10 years of IT leadership experience leading large multiple cross functional teams
10 years of partnering / influencing / consulting with business experience
Demonstrated proficiency and experience in the following tools and technologies:
- Java 8 (Lambdas, Streams) Spring Boots (Webflux, Reactor 3), Spring-data
- Reactive Micro services, REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 and skilled in Open API (Swagger)
- Designing database schemas, index design, optimization for query tuning
- Multiple Cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Jaeger, Prometheus)
- HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
Expertise in architecting, engineering and managing enterprise wide cloud based technology platforms & building and growing talent in support of CommonSpirit Health vision.
- Cloud Management and Operations
- Healthcare Data and Data driven insights generation
- Digital business enablement
- Customer Experience enablement
- Leading large multiple IT teams
- Technology skills – Big Data, Open Source, Analytics Tools
- Vendor management, Cloud Engineering and Operations
- Project / Program management methodologies
- IT operations
- Budget management
- System wide (enterprise wide) thinking and approach to leadership
- Conceptualizing business objectives / needs as IT strategies and roadmap
- Lateral thinking – see opportunities across business groups and forming synergistic plans
- Retaining and developing top talent
- Creative problem solving
- Communicating to business and staff in impactful way
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.