The posted compensation range of $36.30 - $41.07 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation established in 1993 is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - t one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California Arizona and Nevada. Today Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.Dignity Health Medical Group – North State a service of Dignity Health Medical Foundation is a multi-specialty clinic with seven locations in Redding and Red Bluff. Along with our local affiliated Dignity Health hospitals (Mercy Medical Center – Mt. Shasta Mercy Medical Center – Redding and St. Elizabeth Community Hospital) we offer an integrated care delivery system that provides high quality compassionate care in family medicine internal medicine OB/GYN cardiology and interventional cardiology neurology and neuro-interventional general surgery endovascular surgery and orthopedic surgery including general total joints and spine.
Operate radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by physicians. Essential function include but are not limited to:
- Position patients and adjust equipment for taking x-rays following established procedures (50%)
- Instruct patients regarding procedures (10%)
- Follow prescribed safety standards in operating radiology equipment (10%)
- Select length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis (10%)
- Develop and process radiology film and examine film for properties such as definition, magnification, and distortion (10%).
- Maintain examination rooms. Stock necessary medical and radiological supplies (10%).
- High School Diploma.
- CA CRT License
- BLS issued by The American Heart Association (AHA)
Ability to properly position patients to provide quality imaging.
Ability to troubleshoot equipment operation and perform simple adjustments.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management, and peers
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult people.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Passion for excellence in the care of patients and provision of timely and quality service
- Basic computer skills.
- Other Requirements and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint areas for radiography.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment and testing
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics and patient movement.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively and cope effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Maintain current CPR. Maintain current State of California X-ray Technician license.
- Maintain accurate records as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Work as a team member within DI and all other departments.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Production and quality requirements:
- Must be able to perform 20-25 examinations per business day
- Imaging quality must meet quality standards established by DI quality program, which requires a repeat rate of less than 5% per month.
- Customer service satisfaction grade must be an average of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Must comply with Personnel Policy number 250 for unscheduled absences and tardiness. This includes a limit of 5 unscheduled absences and 5 unscheduled tardies per year.
- Must provide documentation of obtaining continuing education units required to maintain licensure.
Minimum of one year of x-ray experience preferred.
*This position is represented by SEIU-UHW*
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs