CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.Responsibilities
Job Summary / Purpose
This position is the designated Supply Chain leadership position for any given Market. This position is the accountable supply chain leader for the market, responsible for owning executive relationships along with relationships with key physicians and clinical leaders. Accountable for the Market’s performance to budget on supply expense. Leads and directs market supply chain resources and leverages key relationships in the market to execute the national supply chain strategies within the market. This position has primary responsibility for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and overseeing the Supply Chain operations and staff of the receiving, inventory, and distribution functions for a given market. Maintains a cost effective and efficient materials system to ensure that necessary supplies are available at each facility when and where they are needed, and that they are appropriately accounted for. Oversight responsibility for managing shipping and receiving, storage, distribution throughout the given market. Responsible for maintaining and reporting accurate inventories for clinical and non-clinical supplies.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Forges successful relationships with market executives, key clinical leaders, and physicians to influence the market to optimize supply chain value and market operating margin.
- At the direction of the Division VP, the Market Director is responsible for implementing national Supply Chain strategies within the designated Market.
- Implements National contracts within the designated Market, this includes anticipating and understanding any implications that may be associated with a contract and partnering with leadership and key decision makers for resolution.
- Accountable for the market performance on supply expense as it relates to budget and key performance indicators
- Optimizes the total cost of ownership for supply chain including supply expense, labor, and other operating expenses related to supply chain activity
- Ensures market complies with established standard operating procedures, policies, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental, and infection control policies and procedures
- Selects, orientates, and assigns department staff (either directly or through subordinate supervisors)
- Manages departments to National Supply Chain standards of performance, making operational and staff decisions to achieve desired performance
- Prepares and submits department budget and ensures that the department operate within approved budget
- Promotes and implements improvement efforts throughout organization to streamline processes, optimize financial performance, and identify areas of general inefficiency
- Ensures department goals and objectives help to carry out the organizations strategic plan, philosophy, and vision
This position will encompass Shasta, Redding, and Red Bluff facilites.
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned by management
Education - Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Director – Required Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
Experience - Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Supply Chain within a health care facility system or other relevant experience. Minimal of 5 years operations management experience to include budget development and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership skills both in management of staff and relationships with Hospital executives.
- Knowledge of coaching and mentoring best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Access, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others in order to achieve targets within a determined time period
- Ability to prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders
- Ability to deal with conflict and difficult people and achieve collaborative resolution.
- Proven Team management and/or project management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with leading and implementing change is preferred. Change Management and Leadership (LEAD) experience required within first the year. Incumbents in this job will be grandfathered into educational requirements