Senior Business Program Manager
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This is a key position on the Employer Strategy & Relationships Team responsible for leading the development and execution of a market strategy to grow accretive contribution margin by developing, selling and implementing employer programs based on narrower network/program designs to help employers better control their health plan costs and plan assets and improve the value of health care. Programs are delivered in partnership with selected, strategic partners (TPAs and/or selected Payers) and focus on optimizing the use of CommonSpirit Health facilities and affiliated providers. Programs also require enhanced partnerships with physicians and physician networks, with a particular focus on leveraging the capabilities of clinical integration networks, as well as internal and external partners.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Leads a portfolio of programs or projects for Employer Strategy and Relationships in support of Division leadership, key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met appropriately and align with business unit goals and objectives. May direct one or more program managers across project portfolio
- Develops and manages the infrastructure to support the program and project portfolio such as developing and managing status and reporting to organizational leadership, working with local market executives and cross-functional teams to implement strategic employer programs
- Develops, executes, improves and standardizes program operations processes, marketing materials and reporting processes across service areas and partners to meet goals for client satisfaction, retention, and growth
- Designs/manages/implements decision-making processes with ability to influence all levels of senior management and internal/external stakeholders
- Manages program and project portfolio to ensure strategic direction aligns with company and business unit goals and objectives
- Develops, implements and manages project management methodology/tools as needed across the portfolio including charters, business cases, project plans, cost benefit analysis, risk/issue management, communication plans, quality assurance, training, status reporting and contract management
- Facilitates/leads meetings with senior management and key internal/external stakeholders, prepares meeting materials, drives effort to identify and resolve issues/risks and determine next steps
- Leverages analyses to solve business challenges and design/develop programs aligned with business unit goals and objectives
- Works with Employer Strategy and Relationships Leadership Team to drive all aspects of strategic program implementation projects
A compensation range of $88,000 - $140,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
- Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with business project/program management, business analysis or related roles.
- Minimum of five (5) years of healthcare industry experience with payer, TPA or provider, including cross-functional team leadership of projects and business process development, execution and improvement with demonstrated competencies.
- Project Management and/or Business Consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with self-funded employer health plans, ACOs, or health plan sales & marketing lifecycle preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- PMP certification. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in role with high-level of responsibility, requiring excellent management skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated expert understanding of project management methodology.
- Cross-functional team leadership of projects and business process development, process improvement or employer implementation projects with demonstrated competencies.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to build trust with clients and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with G Suite and/or MS Office – Slides/PowerPoint, Docs/Word, MS Visio.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Project and Google Sheets/MS Excel, MS Access and/or related analytics and reporting application(s) preferred.
- Ability to manage collaboratively and coach others to achieve optimal performance, i.e., delegate effectively; praise/reward contributions; define clear roles, responsibilities and expectations; define function processes and tools; set goals and lead initiatives; adjust plans as necessary.
- Understands how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of effective self-management practices and ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, i.e., proactively identify and act upon opportunities, motivate others during times of organizational change and ambiguity, create an environment that encourages sharing of best practices and alerting groups to alternative approaches.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs