Patient Logistics LVN
The posted compensation range of $26.51 - $38.44 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is onsite at our Rancho Cordova, CA office at Data Drive.
The incumbent coordinates the transfer center activities for Dignity Health facilities in collaboration with others to include, hospital administration, nursing leadership or their designee, medical staff, physicians and transportation vendors. The incumbent functions as the primary liaison between referring hospitals into and between Dignity Health facilities to coordinate the transfer and admission of patients to hospitals. Participates in all activities, meetings, calls, and education to facilitate and prioritize bed assignments from all points of entry to the acute hospital setting. The incumbent bases facility designation on diagnoses, planned procedure and level of care requirements and acuity.
Essential Job Duties
- Collect objective/subjective data for effective and appropriate transfers of patients
- Determine facility designation based on diagnoses, planned procedure and level of care requirements
- Maintain constant communication with both internal and external sources of information concerning patient transfers using proper etiquette.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and assessment to prioritize patient transfers based on urgency of patient’s condition, utilization of available beds.
- Communicate effectively with hospital staff to allow for patient flow.
- Responds efficiently during emergency situation for appropriate transfer of all patients
- Make judgments, decisions and modify patient transfer priorities based on evaluation.
- Include reporting abnormal or change in patient condition to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Perform legible, timely, concise and accurate documentation according to policies and procedures
- Proficient and competent with computerized documentation
- Accept responsibility and accountability for own decisions and behaviors
- Recognize, accept and cooperate with direction from facility leadership
- Provide measurable written goals appropriate to level of experience during annual appraisal process
- Demonstrate effort to achieve pre-set goals throughout the year
- Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing appropriate resources, protocols, procedures, and communication to appropriate personnel
- Knowledge of EMTALA and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- LVN with 2 years of clinical experience in a Healthcare setting.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Current California LVN License
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current nursing technique, principles and practice.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such MS Word, MS Excel, and Gmail/Google professional suite of products.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs