Patient Logistics Coordinator
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Night Shift and some varied shifts. Must be onsite in Rancho Cordova, CA (Data Drive office)
The Patient Logistics Coordinator performs on activities delegated by the Patient Logistics RN (PLRN), Supervisor, Manager and/or Director to facilitate the appropriate placement of patients within Dignity Health Enterprise and specialized facilities. The incumbent uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions involved with the position including the explanation of care needed as directed by established work flows, the PLRN, PL leadership, sending physician, or receiving physician. This position assists with the process of efficiently and effectively coordinating movement of patients throughout the designated Dignity Health facilities and in specialize care facilities; specifically inpatient psychiatric. The Patient Logistics Coordinator assists in implementing the transfer of care plan through effective communication with care providers and administration.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities:
- Works independently to facilitate the placement of patients as directed by the Patient Logistics Manager, Patient Logistics RN, and physician orders
- Facilitates the transfer of patients to the appropriate facility and unit
- Identifies potential problems and brings them to the attention of the Supervisor, ANS/House Supervisor, and/or Leadership to prevent and/or resolve barriers to timely placement and/or transfer of patients throughout the acute care setting
- Communicates with referring and receiving facility staffs to ensure timely placement of patients to the appropriate level of care and unit
- Documents activities clearly and accurately to promote effective communication with members of the care team, including Transfer Center, Hospital EDs, Hospital Units, Leadership, sending and receiving facilities or other providers
- Uses effective communication skills with colleagues, customers, physicians, and care team members, both internal and external to facilitate the timely placement of patients
- Willingly provides and accepts direct, constructive feedback to and from colleagues
- Verbalizes knowledge and support of Dignity Health and department Mission and Vision statements
- Exhibits a customer oriented philosophy that emphasizes both internal and external relationships focusing on customer, vendor, and patient expectations and strives to exceed them
- Actively participates in, and encourages others to utilize creative and innovative approaches to accomplish duties
- Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision or direction
- Knowledge of and ability to become a subject matter expert on the CommonSpirit Health Patient Throughput Standard Operating Process
- MA, LVN, or equivalent experience in a health care setting
- 2+ years working in a healthcare setting, preferably in bed placement and/or transfer center capacity
- Familiarity with Cerner and TeleTracking
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient or able to become proficient within 3-months with Google Workspace
- Excellent verbal and electronic communication stills, including professional telephone and email etiquette
- Able to type minimum of 40 words per minute without mistakes
- Must have the ability to coordinate effectively with a variety of customers including providers, hospital and office staff, health plans, medical groups, internal departments, community resources, and peers.
- Knowledge of levels of care and basic medical terminology
- Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking skills toward making appropriate decisions, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to meet timeframes
- Ability to learn quickly and retain complex information
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.