IT Area Manager
The posted compensation range of $49.20 - $71.34 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The IT Area Manager assists IT Area Director in the top management of CommonSpirit Health’s information technology resources and oversees the integration of multiple mission-critical organization information technology processes and strategies as assigned by the IT Area Director.
Coverage spans multiple locations, potentially supporting different Leadership and End User teams.
Responsibility crosses various functional units within the organization, but is focused particularly at the divisional and facility level. Provides IT oversight and leadership representation for the organization at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding services, programs, projects and facilities.
The IT Area Manager applies management principles with critical impact on technology and the organization, and typically has responsibility for technology strategic outcomes across multiple integrated processes and/or strategies as assigned.
Incumbents exercise strategic thinking having organization-wide application and impact; develop and implement programs critical to CommonSpirit Health; and exercise control and supervision of multiple assigned integrated processes and projects/programs and significant resources.
- Manages the activities of multiple assigned CommonSpirit Health integrated processes or designated strategies involving multiple programs, projects and functions, which includes planning, coordinating, administering, and evaluating programs, projects, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings.
- Supervises staff, matrix staff, and vendor partner staff including prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and
- Ensures alignment with internal departments, executives, external organizations and public representatives. Provides IT oversight and leadership representation for the organization at a variety of meetings, public events, on committees, and/or other related events regarding services, programs,
projects and facilities.
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes a variety of information, data, and reports. Recommends and implements policies and procedures to improve operational effectiveness and enhancements to services or programs.
- Manages assigned budget and assists with the annual budget development process. Prepares cost estimates and budget recommendations. Monitors and controls expenditures to the business and/or strategic objective.
- Assists in planning and the development of short and long term goals. Coordinates operational and program efforts in alignment with goals and objectives related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Lead and be accountable for all local IT service delivery, including prioritization of national team efforts. Educate local leadership how the strategic IT direction will impact the facilities, and how future and current systems can best be optimized for the function(s)/unit(s) benefit. Develop and maintain the approved annual operations and capital budgets for the function(s)/unit(s) IT systems.
- Coordinate with various CommonSpirit Health teams to ensure that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies, and legal requirements, including HIPAA. Coordinate with IT infrastructure support teams to maintain a stable environment, including network, desktops, telecommunications and servers.
- Work collaboratively with, but not limited to, Biomedical/Clinical Engineering, Clinical Informatics, Facilities, Supply Chain, Physician Enterprise staff and leadership as a resource for evaluation of equipment purchases as it pertains to network use, power sources, compatibility with existing
hardware and software, and adherence to CommonSpirit Health data security policies as well as IT standards for systems and the governance processes.
- Responsible for the support and alignment of established governance, intake, standards within the supported area.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience preferred, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7 years’ of relevant technical and business experience preferred
- 5 years’ Information Technology Leadership experience preferred
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders preferred
- Demonstrated ability to launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget required
- Experience in departmental budgeting, personnel management and project management preferred
- Experience managing operational and capital budgets and resource allocations preferred
- Skills in Microsoft Office product suite or equivalent desired
- Possess industry knowledge and stays abreast of key issues, trends and directions in Healthcare IT desired
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs