***This position is remote/work from home.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation established in 1993 is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California Arizona and Nevada. Today Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
This position performs duties related to integration, which includes business needs analysis and customer requirements; participation in the evaluation and selection of software and database system; system design and development; project implementation; and documentation. This position is directly influenced by the fiscal policies of Dignity Health, its hospitals, investment activities, and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Identifies operational, system, business or informational process needs by systematically studying the requirements, examining/designing possible alternatives, and recommending solutions.
- Develops reports to meet the needs of both intradepartmental and interdepartmental requests, including interpreting requests and writing appropriate programs to extract and analyze data.
- Identifies, retrieves and integrates physician/patient related information (clinical and financial) across a variety of platforms.
- Participates in system application upgrades.
- Maintain paper and electronic claim formats.
- Analyze data requirements to write system rules and edits for more efficient billing.
- Communicate system needs and requirements with system application vendors.
- Develops and maintains all documentation related to system upgrades, maintenance and improvements.
- Special projects from management team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- One to three (1-3) years in a health care related field.
- Experience in an information systems or related environment. Demonstrated proficiency in database creation, maintenance and report writing using at least one major programming language. Working knowledge of computers and demonstrated proficiency in Database methodologies, Email systems, Internet and MS office software applications with emphasis in Word and Excel.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Special Skills:
Possess an understanding of multi-system interaction. Possess the ability to work with all management and staff levels. Ability to analyze problems and user needs to recommend solutions. Attention to detail. Possess the ability to work under pressure. Possesses excellent verbal/written communication skills. Analysis skills, proficiency with regard to computer methods and application including strong competency in database methodologies, and government regulations/controls as they pertain to health care facility financial reporting. Must be proficient in database creation, maintenance and report writing using at least one major programming language. Additionally, the position must have experience with health care setting and ability to interface clinical and financial interpretation with technical capabilities. In addition, the incumbent must develop technical and analytical approaches, which are appropriate to various financial and operational analyses, determine data requirements, accumulate, and analyze data and apply technical knowledge in analysis and problem solving. It is important to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, the findings and recommendations. Understanding of professional claims and billing procedures. Demonstrated ability to work independently. Demonstrated ability to use high level of judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness when dealing with internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and user needs to recommend solutions. Working knowledge of athenaIDX/GE Centricity Business (GECB).
- Familiarity with an electronic practice management system is preferred.
- This position requires familiarity of managed care and capitation payments as well as physician billing and Medicare PPO reimbursement.
- Experience with TES Edits is desired.
A compensation range of $55,000 to $85,000 is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs