Biomedical Technician Lead
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
With minimal supervision this position provides assistance to the CE Manager in administering the daily operations of the shop. This position provides repair, incoming inspection, calibration and maintenance services to equipment in a healthcare environment.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the CE Manager, interacts daily with hospital department managers, equipment users, physicians, and administrative staff concerning service usage issues.
- Communicates daily with CE Manager and effectively handles all service emergencies.
- Provides coverage and support for CE Manager during manager’s absence if needed.
- Maintains life support equipment.
- Provides technical support and assistance to Clinical Engineering technicians.
- Repairs and maintains medical equipment under contract and performs BMET I and BMET II duties and functions as required.
- Maintains equipment repair records for medical equipment under contract.
- Assists in ordering of parts and supplies necessary for the servicing of medical equipment.
- Provides input to the CE Manager regarding new service opportunities within a location serviced by the Clinical Engineering Division.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Compensation Range: $32.08 to $51.32 hourly
BMET / Repair Technician / Clinical Engineering / Biomedical Engineering / Medical Equipment Maintenance / Biomedical Equipment Repair / Biomechanical Maintenance / HTM / Healthcare Technology Management
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering, related field required, Military education equivalent, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven years’ related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- One of CBET, CRES, CLES, CHTM
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.