Director Nursing Family Birthing Center
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $59.53 - $86.32 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At Dignity Health, living our values means bringing passion into action every day. Dignity Health-Yavapai Regional Medical Center (DH-YRMC), now part of CommonSpirit Health, is a not-for-profit integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services including network-wide opportunities to advance your career.
· Our exceptional benefits package includes:
· Competitive compensation
· Flexible scheduling
· Career growth opportunities
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance for eligible positions
What started as a simple community hospital is today a state-of-the-art healthcare system with two acute care hospitals, a network of primary and specialty care clinics, outpatient health and wellness centers, cardiac diagnostic centers and outpatient medical imaging centers.
As you build your career at DH-YRMC, you’ll find Prescott is an inspiring place to live, work and to enjoy the outdoors.
· It is an inviting community with bygone charm and modern amenities.
· Local residents enjoy four spectacular seasons while the area offers nearly year-round sunshine for any outdoor adventures.
· The carefree relaxed lifestyle offers short commute opportunities so you can focus on your career and your family.
Dignity Health-Yavapai Regional Medical Center extends this feeling with a strong sense of family security and belonging. Our compassion and commitment to quality care has earned awards such as the Stroke Care Excellence Award (2022), Neuroscience Excellence Award (2021 2020), and America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Awards (2020 2021), and has placed us at the top of the charts in community and nationwide in healthcare. Come experience the incredible quality-of-life that Dignity Health-YRMC and Prescott has to offer! #hellohumankindness
Reporting to our CNO, the Director of Nursing Family Birthing Center provides expert clinical guidance in this specialized field and coordinates patient care quality initiatives. Oversees strategy and drives growth for an expanding obstetrical and neonatal service line with approximately 900 births annually. Oversight of overall care provided by staff for a 16 bed LDRP unit, 8 Triage beds, 2 C-Section Suites and a 6 bed Level 2 Nursery.
- Provides leadership, administrative direction, budget management and staffing for the patient care delivered in obstetrics and nursery according to the Scope of Services for Obstetrics. Works with hospital staff and physicians to provide coordinated, safe, quality care to the obstetrical patient and newborn.
- Responsible for the overall quality of care provided by the nursing personnel. Advises medical staff, department heads, and administrators in matters related to nursing service and strategies.
- Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups.
- Monitors the operations of the nursing staff and ensures compliance with regulations on organizational and governmental standards and practices. Schedules staff and conducts employee performance reviews.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (e.g. BSN) or equivalent education and experience and Masters degree in nursing or other-related field (e.g. MSN/MBA/MHA).
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience.
- Two (2) years of nurse leadership experience.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), other credentials may apply.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience (3-5 years) in Perinatal Nursing Services or Women and Infant Service line.
- STABLE and ACLS.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (no premium for employee benefits)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Matching 403(b) retirement program
- Fully Funded Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Relocation assistance as needed
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Director Nursing Family Birthing Center at Yavapai Regional Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started