Customer Service Representative
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The following are representative of the duties and responsibilities the Customer Service
Representative is expected to perform:
- Assists patients via telephone and/or written response regarding account/claim status
inquiries. Responds professionally and within appropriate timeframes to all inquiries.
- Collects accurate payment amounts and posts payments in the appropriate system.
Processes credit card payments on the appropriate terminal. Delivers an accurate day end
deposit and reconciliation sheet with all out of balance issues resolved within one (1)
- Reviews patient accounts and as appropriate, offers payment arrangements, financial
assistance applications or refers patients/families to the Financial Counselors for help
with financial assistance and/or insurance enrollment.
- Generates bills or re-bills claims to insurance companies. Conducts timely follow up with
insurance companies regarding claim processing and payment status.
- Processes reoccurring self-pay accounts on a monthly basis, conducts bad debt reviews,
monitors status of payment plans and consistently follows up with patients regarding
- Participates in business division meetings, performance improvement activities and
committees as assigned. Utilizes issues log when necessary.
- Meets productivity standards for assisting patients with questions and concerns in an
effort to achieve account resolution.
- Other job duties as assigned
- High School graduate or GED
- One year of healthcare insurance billing or collection experience; hospital or clinic experience preferred
- General knowledge of charity, bad debt and collection procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain acute attention to detail
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows
- Basic proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with insurance billing computer applications preferred
A compensation range of $16.30 - $20.37/hr is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs