As our Certified Nursing Assistant at Dignity Health-Yavapai Regional Medical Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you’ll help our patients feel safer and more comfortable by assisting with their basic daily life activities.
Your success in this role comes from your genuine desire to help patients feel better, whether that means giving them fresh bed linens or checking their vitals. You’re diligent about your tasks, observant of patients’ conditions improving or declining, and accept coaching well. You know we’re all continuously trying to become better care providers, and you’re eager to learn.
- Conduct hourly rounds on approximately eight patients, checking vitals, maintaining whiteboard information, and assisting with care as needed.
- Assist patients with ambulating as necessary. This may mean helping them reach a recliner in their room, walk to the bathroom, or down the hall. Assist released patients in getting safely to their vehicles outside.
- Assist patients with hygiene needs. This can include a full bed bath, an assisted bed bath, or retrieving towels and soap for ambulatory patients.
- Help the bedside nurse with tube insertions such as an NG tube, rectal tube, or catheter. You may be holding a cup of water, holding the patient or providing the nurse with supplies as needed, and cleaning up after.
- Help the bedside nurse with any wound checks or dressing changes. This may mean holding the patient or supplies and cleaning up after.
- Change bed linens, check patients’ weight, other tasks as assigned each day.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider certificate, and one of the following:
- Current AZ CNA certification;
- Current AZ LNA;
- Documentation of successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program;
- Documentation of successful completion of first-year curriculum in an accredited RN nursing program;
- Six months of NA experience; or
- Current EMT certification with six months of patient care experience.
- Effective and courteous telephone skills.
- Ability to operate copier, scanner, and fax machines.
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Acute care experience, electronic medical record (EMR) experience, or Cerner experience.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs