Outpatient Physical Therapy Assistant
Up to a $3,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external Physical Therapy Assistants
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE required)
- 1 year of experience experience required
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 1 year commitment
Educational Assistance: Up to $25,000.00 for qualifying loans (min .75 FTE required)
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
We're proud to share that St. Michael Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for participation!
As an interdisciplinary team member, conducts physical therapy activities to help patients suffering from injury or disease to restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist. Provides and coordinates comprehensive physical therapy care to patients through the proper utilization of education, and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with Physical Therapy Standards of Practice. Work includes indirect patient care activities such as; documentation, scheduling, family training, attendance at rounds, interaction with the Interdisciplinary Team, participation in staff meetings, ordering supplies, and contributing to continuous quality control and performance improvement.
Incumbents are also accountable for responding effectively to legal, patient rights, safety, maintenance, and emergency situations; participating in continuing education, staff development, self-directed learning overseeing the performance of students and volunteers and providing performance feedback of staff, aides, students and volunteers as requested.
- Assists in the update of therapeutic plans of care and treatment based on patient needs throughout patient’s treatment/stay under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Assists in the implementation of therapeutic plans of care and treatment based on patient needs throughout patient’s treatment/stay under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Assists in the completion of all required documentation, in an accurate and thorough manner, of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with FHS documentation standard under the supervision a licensed Physical Therapist.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy Program providing entry level physical therapist assistant knowledge in rehabilitation, orthopedic, and medical/surgical that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Current licensure in the state of Washington as a Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs