Sys Director Supply Chain Software Apps
|Dignity Health one of the nation’s largest health care systems is a 22-state network of more than 9000 physicians 63000 employees and 400 care centers including hospitals urgent and occupational care imaging and surgery centers home health and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate high-quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17 Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charitable care and community services. For more information please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.|
Job Summary / Purpose
Primarily responsible for developing and overseeing the development of software, releasing, and maintaining software applications, and operating systems in Supply & Service Resource Management, that align with the business requirements. Establish policies and procedures that produce high-quality software products and services. The role requires working closely with CommonSpirit Health IT department, vendors, and internal team members. Works with SSRM leadership and other functional areas to provide comprehensive models and recommendations for data governance standards and system design. Assess various supply chain costs in order to identify and shape cost reduction initiatives.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, full development of standard operating procedures.
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvements, make recommendations and designing and implementation systems
- Liaising with colleagues across CommonSpirit to implement technology design
- Develops reproducible analytics that draw insight from multiple data sources to provide leaders with comprehensive understanding of business opportunities
- Proficient in troubleshooting software issues and debugging code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service related issues
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Contributes to the development of data governance standards
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by management
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field from four year college or university is required
- Required Master’s or PhD preferably in Computer Science (or in related discipline)
- Technical skills in relevant software (e.g., SQL, Python, C++)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5 years of related experience preferred
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
- Deep knowledge of programming including (Java, messaging protocols, and web service)
- Demonstrated experience in building, delivering and operating products and services
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Capable of maintaining an independent perspective without losing collaborative nature, trust and respect
- Knowledge of advanced analytic tools, software and coding experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to extract, combine and organize large data sets
- Ability to prepare quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs