The posted compensation range of $14.82 - $20.38 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonably safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and humankindness. The security officer shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, visitors, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
- Patrol the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; monitor security alarms and dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed, and report unsafe acts or conditions.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
- Log all activities in a daily log to accurately record events; and (2) complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that those dispatched are to right location.
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement or military service; or one (1) year experience as a security officer.
High school diploma or equivalent; or three (3) years’ experience as a security officer.
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally, and in writing; understand and use de-escalation techniques.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of employment.
- Preferred, International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days.
A compensation range of $14.82p/h - $18.53 p/h is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs