The posted compensation range of $17.12 - $23.54 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Hello humankindness Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix ArizonaSt. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy St. Josephs was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later St. Josephs remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care medical education and research. St. Josephs includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute Norton Thoracic Institute Cancer Center at St. Josephs Ivy Brain Tumor Center and St. Josephs Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics neuro-rehabilitation orthopedics and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Josephs among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition St. Josephs boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Josephs and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Childrens Hospital.St. Josephs is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizonas healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizonas Most Admired Companies.Look for us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter.For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology in an effort to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients. Candidates with experience in preclinical studies are desirable. Prior experience in conducting molecular biology or genetic aassays and knowledge of signal transduction and oncogenic pathways is preferred.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Accessioning tumor samples under CLIA-regulation.
- Molecular biology and biochemistry experiments: DNA/RNA & protein isolation from patient samples PCR qPCR and ELISA assays to quantify biomarkers.
- Whole genome or gene-specific methylation assays.
- NGS sequencing with genereader and/or Nextseq platform.
- Detailed documentation of pre-defined assays and experiments.
- Participating in lab meetings seminars and jounal clubs.
Additional requirements: Three letters of recommendation.
- Able to critically review information and understand new concepts with minimal assistance.
- Basic math quantitative and analytical skills are necessary.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences.
- Prior research experience in preclinical work and/or laboratory setting is required.
- A background in neuroscience or oncology is desirable.
- Attention to detail good time management and strong verbal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs