Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona,St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is currently recruiting a highly motivated and driven research technician, (B.S. or M.S.) to join our animal modeling team focusing on cutting edge Phase 0/II clinical trials for glioblastoma at BNI. Candidates with experience in preclinical studies are desirable. Prior experience in conducting drug treatment studies and knowledge of signal transduction pathways is preferred.
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional, non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• In vivo preclinical studies.
• In vitro cell culture: The technician will culture primary tumor cells. In addition the candidate will perform in vitro cell based assays (e.g., cell titer glo, Tunel assay, etc).
• Organize and bank cell lines, keep track of in vivo experiments. Co-ordinate with the biobank.
• Maintain the animal colonies
• Molecular biology and biochemistry experiments: DNA/RNA isolation, PCR and qPCR, protein isolation, western blot analysis, immunofluorescence, and immunohistochemistry studies.
• Previous experience in working with in vivo preclinical models.
• Able to critically review information and understand new concepts with minimal assistance.
• Basic math, quantitative and analytical skills necessary
• Strong organization skills
• Applicants should have at least a Bachelor’s degree or M.S. in biological sciences with research experience in preclinical work.
• A background in neuroscience or oncology is desirable but not required.
• Attention to detail and strong verbal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office.
Three letters of recommendation.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs