The posted compensation range of $27.77 - $40.27 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona,St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
The Spine Biomechanics team at Barrow Neurological Institute is looking to hire a highly motivated organized and technically strong Research Engineer who is passionate about research. We are a team oriented group that collaborates directly with neurosurgeons scientists and engineers to focus on clinically relevant biomechanical studies and improvement of patient care. We are looking for a successful candidate who is flexible to perform various duties as needed but primarily focused on: management of cadaveric tissue testing operation of laboratory equipment including a testing robot and digital imaging correlation system design and implementation of study protocols and novel fixtures/test setups accurate data collection analysis and write up of results including journal article preparation.
- Manage cadaver tissue inventory. Perform hands on tissue dissection potting and pre:paration for experiments.
- Fabricate/assemble fixtures for customized test assemblies.
- Program operate and maintain lab equipment including standard materials testing systems robotic testing frame strain gauge data acquisition systems and optical strain mapping system.
- Become proficient in using software tools and statistical analysis packages to describe analyze interpret and present data.
- Contribute towards and develop proficiency in drafting proposals for funding final reports abstracts publications and manuscripts as requested.
- Manage day to day activities and test schedules in coordination with lab team members and external collaborators.
- Coordinate schedules of junior personnel including volunteers students and interns. Advise direct and train individuals as needed.
- Collaborate fully with staff team members collaborators and surgeons to brainstorm and design novel studies and experiments.
- Contribute to laboratory knowledge and capabilities through past knowledge and training and/or through independent learning of new principles and their application.
- Commitment to professional conduct and institution core values and mission at all times including representation of our team and organization at offsite meetings.
- Adhere to employee policies and procedures as outlined by Dignity Health.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years experience in electrical, biomedical, or mechanical engineering, advanced mathematics or physics statistics, computer simulation systems, control systems, or related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, biomedical, or mechanical engineering or related field required.
- Master's degree in engineering or related field preferred.
- Maintain and design equipment used in biomedical engineering or related field, technical documentation or writing capabilities, familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Ideal candidate has experience in a biomechanics laboratory with commonly used equipment and methods.
- Proficiency with basic computer software (e.g. CAD Excel). Computer programming skills (e.g. C++ C#) a strong plus.
- Strong technical proficiency. Ideal candidate is able to program operate and trouble shoot data acquisition systems and motion control equipment.
- Ideal candidate has knowledge of mathematical descriptions of 3D motion. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Adept at hands on tasks including handling tools surgical instruments and operating machinery.
- Experience with CAD design of mechanical assemblies and/or fabrication skills a strong plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to innovate and/or bring new expertise to contribute towards advancement of laboratory principles and capabilities.
- Ability to manage projects resources and people to meet project goals and timelines as needed.
- Willingness to sometimes work outside regular hours as needed to accommodate completion of study phases.
- Strong organizational interpersonal verbal and technical writing skills.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work trouble shoot and solve problems independently.
- Professional mature attitude; conveys team and organizational values in daily activities and decision making.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information data and intellectual property.
- Ability to work openly and communicate effectively with individuals from a wide diversity of backgrounds and professional capacities.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs