Hello humankindness Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix ArizonaSt. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy St. Josephs was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later St. Josephs remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care medical education and research. St. Josephs includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute Norton Thoracic Institute Cancer Center at St. Josephs Ivy Brain Tumor Center and St. Josephs Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics neuro-rehabilitation orthopedics and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Josephs among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition St. Josephs boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Josephs and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Childrens Hospital.St. Josephs is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizonas healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizonas Most Admired Companies.Look for us on Facebookand follow us on Twitter. For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.Responsibilities
The Ivy Brain Tumor Center is a non-conventional non-profit program offering state-of-the-art clinical trials for patients with the most aggressive form of brain cancer. It is home to the largest collection of Phase 0 trials for brain tumors in the world. Our multidisciplinary team of brain tumor specialists and scientists are accelerating drug discovery and precision medicine in neuro-oncology to identify the most promising first-in-class therapies for brain tumor patients. Job Description: To develop and validate analytical methods by UHPLC and LC-MS/MS for various compounds undergoing preclinical and clinical testing and to perform pharmacokinetic data analyses and interpretation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Pharmacokinetics Laboratory (PK Lab) is currently in the process of CAP/CLIA certification and will be supporting healthcare professionals and patients in health management through accurate precise and state of the art testing and research. We are looking for an individual to join the PK Lab team as a postdoctoral associate. The candidate should have a strong background in chemical/pharmaceutical sciences with a reasonable working knowledge in translational research. Candidates who have experience in LC-MS/MS-based method development/validation and can demonstrate competency in pharmacokinetic data analysis will be preferred. The candidate should be highly motivated able to work well in teams and have excellent communication skills. Potential areas of application include: drug PK brain targeting organic medicinal or analytical chemistry instrumental method development and validation biomarker analysis drug metabolism PK analysis and modeling.
Key responsibilities include
• Development validation and implementation of analytical methods for various drugs drug candidates drug metabolites and biomarkers employing UHPLC and LC-MS/MS techniques.
• Performing pharmacokinetic data analyses and interpretation.
• Contribution toward the design of preclinical and clinical studies.
• Development of independent research plans.
• Manuscript preparation and publishing.
• Preparation of grant proposals and applications.
• Supervision and training of laboratory supporting research staff.
• Preparation and delivery of research presentations at local meetings national and international conferences.
• General operation maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment including UHPLC and LC-MS/MS instruments.
• Preparation and Maintenance of required laboratory safety documentation and adherence to the guidelines and regulations in compliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA rules.
• Strong experience with LC-MS/MS-based assay development and validation including tissue sample handling sample preparation operating LC instruments and Mass Spectrometers.
• Working knowledge of PK software (e.g. WinNonlin) and PK data analyses interpretation and publishing.
• Some experience in pharmaceutical research (knowledge in chemistry and experience with cellular techniques and laboratory animals handling).
• Hand-on experience in instrument calibration maintenance and troubleshooting of LC and MS systems
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
Education • Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD DVM PharmD etc.) in Pharmacokinetics Pharmaceutical Sciences Chemistry Biochemistry Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.