Transplant Quality Manager
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona,St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers. Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
Responsible for the implementation and management of the Performance Improvement (PI) plan and maintaining compliance with Joint Commission and relevant State and Federal regulations related to quality monitoring and performance improvement. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Quality Management staff.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides leadership to the Quality Management Department; hires, supervises, and monitors staff performance and productivity. Contributes to the budgeting process.
- Educates and trains staff and physicians in quality improvement including the aggregation and analysis, action planning and reporting of performance data.
- Works in collaboration with hospital leadership and medical staff to meet goals established in the Performance Improvement plan.
- Provides consultation and assists physicians, ancillary and nursing departments with regulatory compliance issues. Supports implementation of regulatory initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare-related field or five (5) years of related job or industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive management responsibility in an acute care setting, one (1) of which is related to managing an organization’s Quality Improvement Program
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical, patient care experience or equivalent.
- Experience developing and implementing clinical, service and operational process improvement initiatives, both small and large scale.
- Knowledge and expertise in specific performance improvement/CQI methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN).
- Current knowledge of regulatory requirements for acute and ambulatory care services (e.g. state, federal, local regulations; Joint Commission, etc.).
- Current state license in a clinical field or 5 (five) years experience in Quality Management can be used in lieu of state license
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), or Healthcare Quality and Management Certification (HCQM), or Certificate of Professional Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety (CPQPS) within 2 years of employment is required.
- Master's Degree
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs