CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Scope of Accountabilities
- Operates and maintains mechanical, electro-mechanical, or pneumatic systems, plumbing and equipment such as boilers, water chillers, heaters, circulating pumps, fans, compressors, and other special equipment. Checks all mechanical / electrical equipment, controls, gauges, distribution panels, and other components to ensure continuous heat, hot water, air conditioning, and power services. Ensures that the property is operating safely and efficiently.
- Maintains work-order management system including logging work orders, scheduling assignments, performing maintenance work, and logging completed work orders on a computer-based system.
- Monitors installation and implementation of energy-related projects with assistance from the DIGNITY HEALTH Facilities Supervisor.
- Maintains operating manuals and technical data library including written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, general supply and parts inventory, and pertinent data relating to operating equipment, building fixtures, and updated tenant drawings and plans.
- Checks all inventories for electrical and other maintenance items and requests required purchases.
- Performs thorough inspections of buildings, equipment, and grounds to determine necessary preventative maintenance and documents related data. Submits monthly inspection reports.
- Respond to emergency situations and perform tasks necessary for the well-being and protection of property and building occupants
- Perform other operational and maintenance duties traditional to building maintenance services as required
- Provides guidance to service and construction contractors in the performance of their duties
Required Non-Technical Competencies
Commitment to DIGNITY HEALTH Values
Required Technical Competencies
Mechanical / Electrical Systems
Energy Management Systems
Work Demand Systems
Fire Safety Procedures
Knowledge of Construction Principles
Education and Experience
Experience (5+ years) and working knowledge of building engineering including: plant operations, building management, preventive maintenance programs, operational and capital budgeting processes, productivity management, and customer, contractor relations.
Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and work from blue prints, sketches and drawings.
Consideration given to contractor’s license, engineering license, trade certification (i.e., SMA, etc.) and/or equivalent experience.
A compensation range of $17.93/hr - $22.41/hr is the reasonable estimate that CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility and more!
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs