Division Director Nursing Residency Program
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: RN Residency Program
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $68.96 - $100.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The Division Director I, Nurse Residency (NR) Program, provides system wide leadership, coordination, oversight, development, evaluation and continuous program improvement for the CommonSpirit Health enterprise wide nurse residency program and its outcomes. The System Director I provides support and collaborative oversight for Division Program Directors and represents nurse residency at the system level. This position is responsible for the standardization of nurse residency programs within our ministry, the achievement of residency program accreditation, and ensures nurse residents are supported in their transition to practice and ensures job satisfaction and retention.
*This position requires that the selected candiadate must reside in the Southwest Division. (AZ, NV)
- In collaboration with the System Director I builds program standards, structure, curriculum, policy and processes that support sustainability and nurse retention
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of program standards, structure, curriculum, policy and processes for all programs within the Division
- Implements standards for measurable, realistic program outcomes with timelines and accountabilities division wide
- Deploys standardized processes and structures for holding self and others in the division accountable to program Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Partners with site leadership to ensure processes and structures are deployed consistently across the division to guarantee expectations for performance are established and accountability is maintained
- Ensures principles of CommonSpirit Health’s mission; nursing vision; values; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB); Patient Experience (PEX); and professional development throughout the residency program curriculum
- Facilitates and ensures use of technology to support all aspects of the program, including the use of virtual methods.
- Supports the systematic and purposeful collection and dissemination of data and information within the division.
- Ensures that ongoing assessments of resident and preceptor’s knowledge, skills, and practice gaps are performed within the division.
- Constructs an annual operating budget for the programs within the division.
- Allocates resources based upon internal and external environmental scanning.
- Cultivates a strategic partnership network with nursing academic organizations that aligns with the system and division workforce plan and future needs.
- Ensures a consistent, principle-driven brand for nurse residency across the division.
- Aligns and ensures input is received from stakeholders across the division.
- Transfers acquired knowledge to site leaders, while holding site leadership accountable for program outcomes.
- Monitors all divisional entities to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Aligns the system vision for nurse residency within the division, in support of the organizational strategic vision.
- Provides executive level leadership across the division and presents effectively while advocating for the nurse resident and the program.
- Builds and maintains strategic internal partnerships (e.g., human resources, quality improvement, risk management, Learning & Development, councils, etc.)
- Ensures a healthy multi-disciplinary learning environment across the division
- Ensures a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- In collaboration with other program leaders, designs future program functions to facilitate resident transition in practice and retention in the future health care delivery system.
- Collaborates with system leaders to align the program to clinical education and professional development initiatives, advanced practice fellowships, and other system initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
Masters Degree in Nursing, Doctorate in Nursing preferred
Previous nurse residency program leadership, experience with ANCC PTAP accreditation
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in the acute care setting
Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
Minimum of 3 years clinical teaching experience including simulation
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
- Graduate coursework or degree or certification in adult learning or nursing education, experience leading large scale program development, implementation, and evaluation, previous experience managing budgets
- Demonstrates the following essential leadership characteristics:
- Emotional intelligence: Self-control, self-awareness, self-management, social awareness
- Ability to identify talent, coach and develop others
- Energy (capacity of acting, being active, positive force)
- Enthusiasm (inspiring zeal or fervor)
- Passion (a strong liking or desire for or to some activity, object, or concept)
- Role model (a person whose behavior in a particular role is imitated by others)
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Division Director Nursing Residency Program at Dignity Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started