Nurse Day Surgery
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $39.52 - $58.66 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI St. Anthony Hospital is a 25 bed licensed for 49 faith-based acute care level four trauma critical access hospital and healthcare campus serving the Pendleton Oregon area for more than 100 years. We are committed to the highest quality of patient care and safety; and to strengthening our community through wellness education. CHI St. Anthony Hospital is designed specifically to ensure that our physicians nurses and healthcare professionals can continue to provide extraordinary care for our patients. The 103000 square foot hospital features 4 operations rooms 11 emergency rooms 30 private patient rooms and the latest medical equipment. St. Anthony Hospital has plenty of room to grow as needed by the community and will continue to provide the safest quality of care possible. St. Anthony Hospital was also named one of the top patient experience hospitals in 2021. CHI St. Anthony is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services-all recognized for quality safety and service. To learn more go to www.sahpendleton.org
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible Position!
The Registered Nurse provides leadership and co-ordination to the health care team to assure the provision of high quality, cost-effective service to patients, physicians, visitors and appropriate customer groups. Serves as safe clinical practitioner using independent but collaborative judgment
- Maintain a safe surgical environment, which includes sterile technique
- Assisting anesthesia and/or the surgeon before, during or after cases
- Preparing the operating room ie: equipment setup
- Preparing Lab specimens
- Ensuring instruments, implants, supplies are ready based on the type of surgery
- Be able to circulate and or scrub a case based on the day's assignment
- Provide Conscious Sedation to Endoscopy patients
- Continuously and systematically assesses the health care status of the patient, prioritizing and reprioritizing patient care based on assessment.
- Initiates and maintains an individual plan of care to meet identified patient problems or needs, based on analysis of assessment data, standards of nursing care and practice.
- Collaborates with patient, primary care providers, family, internal and community resources to coordinate patient discharge/transfer needs.
- Prioritizes, performs and delegates direct and/or indirect patient interventions necessary for the stabilization of the trauma patient.
- Prioritizes and performs patient interventions necessary for triaging patients.
- Participates in patient and family teaching.
- Uses critical thinking skills to recognize/respond to emergency situations.
- Coordinates and promotes continuity of patient care through effective communication and documentation.
- Delegates to available individual staff based on ability/competence and scope of practice.
- Is aware and demonstrates utilization of proper infection control standards and practices.
- Is aware and demonstrates utilization of proper body mechanics for self and staff.
- Must be open to additional responsibilities as required by administration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program
- At least one (1) year of acute care or clinic RN experience
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon
- AHA BLS Certification
- AHA ACLS Certification within six (6) months of hire
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of major disease process, pertinent medical findings, rationale and expected outcomes in the nursing field.
- Applies the principles of the nursing process in the delivery of nursing care.
- Collects objective and subjective data from observations, examinations, interviews and written records regarding the patient’s health status.
- Evaluates and modifies nursing care plans and nursing interventions and accurately documents all client information using nursing diagnosis criteria.
- Able to perform safe medication administration, isolation precautions, aseptic and sterile technique, IV insertion and other clinical skills frequently used
- Surgical RN experience
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Day Surgery at CHI St Anthony Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started