RN Manager Perioperative Services
Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services—wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders.g for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Has accountability for the patient care unit or service. The major responsibilities are in providing leadership and communication, monitoring the work environment, assuring quality, managing the fiscal budget, managing human resources and ensuring the delivery of competent clinical practice.
- Facilitates staff to assume leadership roles via role modeling.
- Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication which results in achievement of outcomes.
- Articulates departmental goals and objectives which allows staff to actively participate in clinical decision-making.
- Facilitates the achievement of a high quality work environment.
- Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available.
- Participates in unit programs, documents results, reports by deadlines, and formulates corrective action plans for improvement.
- Meets established research-based standards of care and Leads quality improvement projects.
- Develops a multidisciplinary program to monitor quality care indicators.
- Maintains a consistent score of good on selected department items on customer service survey.
- Develops and reviews Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in chart review audits.
- Maintains fiscal budget, overtime, orientation costs, SSP costs and medical supply costs.
- Adjusts staffing patterns according to unit activity and patient acuity.
- Analyzes budget variances
- Develop and manage the unit budget
- Identifies major hospital cost savings opportunities.
- Identifies new revenue-producing opportunities.
- Supports Shared leadership.
- Facilitates professional growth and development of staff
- Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource management
- Complies with personnel policies and procedures
- Oversees orientation of all new employees.
- Ensures that payroll is accurate and timely.
- Ensures effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing care.
- Develops clinical experts in the patient care areas.
RN, registered Nurse, BSN, Periop, Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Leader, Healthcare, Texas #CHIRNMGR
Education and licensure
- Bachelor's Degree and Registered Nurse
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 3 years leadership experience or minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline or Master's Degree and no experience.
- Minimum three (3) years clinical leadership experience
- Ability to relate to people and handle complex situations
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.