Director Critical Care Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $48.24 - $69.95 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As our Director of Emergency and Critical Services at St. Luke’s Health – Patients Medical Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, Has accountability for the Emergency and ICU departments. Accountable for all Evening, Night and Weekend Nursing Supervisors within the ICU, ED, Cardio Pulm & Resp departments.
This leader will also provide leadership and communication to the staff and physicians working within the area. Assure practice adheres to regulatory requirements. Departmental practices and processes consistently reflect high quality standards which support excellence in patient care and a safe environment for patients, employees, physicians, visitors and guests. Must assure quality standards are implemented and maintained, and processes are updated and revised as appropriate. Must manage a large fiscal budget. Must also lead the capital budget planning in their area and manage human resources efficiently. Monitor metrics to validate performance against national and system benchmarks and to ensure the delivery of competent clinical practice is consistently achieved.
Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services—wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders. We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication which results in achievement of outcomes.
- Articulates departmental goals and objectives allowing staff to actively participate in clinical decision-making.
- Facilitates high quality work environment by addressing the needs of the department(s).
- Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available to provide effective and efficient nursing care.
- Participates in quality programs (e.g. AMI, Stroke, CAP) and ensures implementation of identified action plans for continuous performance improvement.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains fiscal budget within established targets.
- Assures staffing patterns are flexed according to unit activity and patient acuity.
- Analyzes budget variances and Implements appropriate action plans.
- Develops and manages the annual capital budget, establishing equipment priorities based on patient needs and revenue potential.
- Identifies and implements major hospital cost savings.
- Facilitates professional growth and development of staff.
- Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource management.
- Complies with HR policies and procedures. Ensures that job standards are understood by employees.
- Ensures effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing care.
- Establishes strong, working relationship with physicians. Develops inter-professional processes and achieves efficiencies within department.
- Engages staff to provide excellent customer service to patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the discipline and five (5) years leadership experience
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Director Critical Care Services at St Luke's Health - Patients Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started