1. Performs CT exams on patients according to the specific departmental procedure protocols under the direction of the Medical Director.
2. Prepares equipment ensuring that equipment is operational, safe and functioning according to diagnostic standards
3. Problem-solves equipment failure and imaging quality and contacts service representative or CES regarding equipment problems
4. Ensures that daily equipment and room maintenance are performed during/ after each procedure, and that special precautions and measures are performed to ensure infection control standards.
5. Completes all quality checks and Ensures that equipment logs are maintained
6. Completes all clinical supply inventories, ensuring that each diagnostic room is complete with the necessary supplies required to perform the procedure
7. Actively Participates with patient testing, performing routine, non-routine, urgent, and emergent patient requests
8. Reviews the physician orders to verify the type of diagnostic test requested and that the indication for the procedure is consistent
9. Communicates with Radiologist to obtain proper exam protocol/test design.
10. Provides specific diagnostic test information to the patient ensuring that the patient is aware of the diagnostic test involvement.
11. Performs Point of Care testing for lab tests according to hospital guidelines.
12. Effectively starts IVs following hospital guidelines.
13. Completes the diagnostic examination and all image post processing.
14. Demonstrates competency in PACS process and Performs daily QA process
15. Completes image processing, including supporting documentation of logs, demographic and diagnostic information required for departmental, hospital and patient record documentation.
16. Responsible for monitoring and recording radiation dose levels.
17. Notifies Radiologist with any diagnostic findings, which warrant communication.