Certified Surgical Tech I, CST
The posted compensation range of $25.24 - $35.65 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services—wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders.g for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients; Performs scrub duties and related procedures; Accountable for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment for selected specialty. Performs in the advanced roles of preceptor, service specialist and instrument room liaison.
1. Assists surgical team in the scrubbing role according to prescribed standards
2. Maintains sterile field. Reports immediately any breaks in aseptic technique.
3. Passes instruments, suture products, medication, and sponge materials to surgeon.
4. Assists with retracting of tissue and organs, and suctioning by holding the retracting instrument which has been placed by the surgeon.
5. Electrosurgical current may be applied as directed by the surgeon, to an established instrument placed by the surgeon.
6. Performs surgical counts with the RN according to policy and procedure.
7. Assures appropriate equipment and supplies are available for each procedure:
8. Assists in housekeeping duties as directed to insure safe patient environment.
9. Assists RN with circulator duties while under direct supervision.
10. Performs additional activities and duties as directed.
*Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Certified Surgical First Assistant (CST/CSFA) required as of September 1, 2010 or "grandfathered" employees –OR- LVN
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs