Cath Lab Tech III
The posted compensation range of $27.23-$43.57 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. Luke’s Health Patients Medical Center (PMC), now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has a great opportunity for an experienced Catheterization Technologist to join our talented cardiac team. We hold accreditations in Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Ultrasound (US), and Nuclear Medicine from the American College of Radiology (ACR), which is recognized as the gold standard in medical imaging.
Accountable for supervision of the room staff's performance, coordination of the room's schedule, and communicating with the Cath Lab management team to ensure efficient utilization of resources. also Performs duties of circulating, scrub, and monitoring of invasive cardiology procedures. Demonstrates an understanding of all invasive procedures, the equipment and supplies for each procedure, and indications for performing each procedure. The focus of the responsibilities below is to assure optimal quality examination and intervention while maintaining the highest level of patient care and safety.
1. Exhibits strong organization skills such as: strong interaction and time management skills, independent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, and fiscal management skills. Ensures departmental atmosphere is professional and patient oriented to enhance patient care
2. Responsible for managing staff and room activities to maximize productivity. Coordinates staffing assignments within room to ensure technical role assignments are responsive to patients’ needs and reflective of staff member abilities. Makes suggestions for staffing and procedural changes and collaborates with other departments in the hospital as needed
3. Works in conjunction with schedule coordinator, managers, supervisors, and other room leaders to facilitate departmental productivity. Initiates actions to minimize case delays, reports schedule information promptly to schedule coordinator and other appropriate personnel.
4. Operates the radiographic equipment utilizing radiation safety procedures
5. Operates physiologic recorder/database system with expertise recognizing arrhythmias and normal/abnormal waveforms
6.Operates manifold, power injector, and other support equipment (VCR, ACT machines, oximeters, and transport monitors)
7.Develops cines when necessary according to policy
8.Able to recognize basic equipment malfunctions and troubleshoot equipment in room. Report malfunctions to Biomed promptly if unable to resolve
9.Exhibits a strong knowledge base of cardiovascular diseases and is able to interpret date gathered during procedures and recognize potential implications in patient care or complications
10. Helps to efficiently run schedule by maintaining a smooth and steady rate of work by working independently. Communicate with other room staff and schedule coordinator to maximize the productivity of the entire department. Perform other duties as assigned to enhance patient care and efficiency
11. Anticipates physician needs by being knowledgeable of: 1. procedures performed in the department and 2. equipment (catheters, guide wires, etc.) necessary for procedures. Sets up sterile trays and is able to assist physicians during procedures, utilizing septic technique. Assists in maintaining the appropriate level of medications and supplies stocked in the room
12. Provide support for EP, interventional and scrub assist for AAA procedures or radiographic/digital imaging technique as needed
13. Responsible for training and education of new employees in the cardiac catheterization lab. Participates in departmental educational programs by collaborating with staff educators to facilitate orientation and acclimation of new staff members. Provides educational opportunities and lectures for all staff members.
*Associate's Degree preferred
*Registered as a Radiologic Technologist Radiography (RTR) , Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT)
*Minimum five (5) year clinical experience in a hospital setting
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs