Medical Surgical Nurse
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical / Orthopedics
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
Do you want to be part of a team where quality care, respectful treatment of all patients, and compassion for others are the norm? That’s what you’ll find when you join our nursing team; challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you.
Eligible for $10,000 Sign on Bonus & $10,000 Educational Assistance*
* Speak to a recruiter regarding incentive eligibility, requirements and restrictions.
All newly graduated RNs will be enrolled in the Nurse Residency Program
Our nurses are overflowing with humankindness, and always looking for ways to share their compassion. If you'd like to be part of a team where a smile, a pat on the back, and an encouraging word to our coworkers, are just small parts of every day, we'd love to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with physicians and nursing team to devise and implement individualized care plans for patients.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and assess their needs.
- Administer patients’ medications and provide treatments according to physicians’ orders
- Educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits, while fostering a supportive and compassionate environment.
lWhat You’ll Need
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association required upon hire
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. CHI Health Hospitals' nursing teams cultivate a supportive environment where we hold each other accountable and operate as a compassionate care-giving team. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Medical Surgical Nurse at CHI Health Midlands
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started