St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
The Security Officer is expected to provide a reasonable safe and secure environment for all who enter Dignity Health properties and to assure the physical security of buildings and grounds. It is expected that the security officer will demonstrate behavior consistent with Dignity Health core value and HumanKindness. The Security Officer shall support Dignity Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality improvement/process improvement activities.
Protects staff, patients, and visitors by responding to calls for assistance in a timely and prudent manner such as violent or unruly patients, crimes committed or in progress, opening doors, and responding to emergency codes.
Patrolling the facility and grounds by foot or vehicle; motor security alarms an dispatch officers promptly to location(s) where needed; and report un-safe acts or conditions.
Knowledge of emergency procedures, equipment, supplies, reports HIPPA breaches if witnessed; investigate security breaches, conduct follow-up investigations, and write incident reports.
Log all activities in daily log to accurately record events; and complete clear, concise, and legible reports in a timely manner; use appropriate emergency and radio codes in dispatching security officers while knowing hospital campus to ensure that dispatches are to right location.
Comfortable with transporting items to the morgue.
This position is represented by S.P.F.P.A. and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- OR three (3) years’ experience as a security officer
- Current California (CA) Driver’s License
- Clean DMV Report on file
- CA Security Officer License; showing no disciplinary actions
- Completion of IAHSS Basic Training for Healthcare Security Officer within 90 days
- American Heart Association approved Basic Life Support ( CT CPRBLS) certification within 90 days of employment
- Annual workplace violence training
- Six (6) months experience as a security officer in a hospital or healthcare setting, prior law enforcement
- OR one (1) year experience as a security officer
- If clean DMV report unavailable; must have ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to speak English, communicate clearly orally and in writing, understand and use de-escalation techniques
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs