RN III ICU
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Medical / Surgical ICU
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $49.45 - $70.39 / hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
What makes a successful RN III ICU at St Johns Regional Medical Center?
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
As our ICU Nurse at St. John's Regional Medical Center, you’ll monitor patients who are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life-threatening disease.
You’ll begin each shift by taking report from a nursing teammate before making your rounds. You’ll provide continued care and perform procedures as detailed in the care plan. This could mean assisting a physician with a chest tube or central line, providing wound care, ensuring patients MRI or CT, or administering medications.
To thrive in this role, you’ll heavily depend on your ability to multitask and react. You’ll clinically care for your patients- remaining focused and attentive as you continuously monitor your patients throughout your shift. You also serve as their advocate- supporting their best interests when they cannot. However, your sound judgment during an emergency and rapid response are impressive, putting you on the radar for advancement.
● Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort
● Anticipates, identifies, and responds to informational and emotional needs of patients and families
● Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e., Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients
● Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices) Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms with necessary
● Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury)
● Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene)
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
- Three (3) years current medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting or in a specialty area.
- Heart experience required.
- ACLS, PALS and BLS certifications required.
- Current CA RN license required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
Map this location
Get an idea what your commute will be like.
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started