RN II Outpatient Surgery
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Outpatient Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
The posted compensation range of $47.10 - $67.04 / hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
What makes a successful RN II Outpatient Surgery at St Johns Regional Medical Center?
St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse II (CNII) in OR is an experienced practitioner who demonstrates in-depth knowledge of periop care in the implementation of patient care in this setting, and the ability to practice independently. The CNII in OR serves as a resource person, preceptor, and relief charge nurse. Under minimal supervision, the CNII proficiently implements the nursing process for clients with complex diagnoses.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- One (1) year current OR or PACU experience is required.
- Current California Registered Nurse License (LIC RN)
- Current AHA CPR Certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Current AHA ACLS Certification (CT ACLS)
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of care delivery.
- Demonstrates competency level 2 in all core RN competencies and required OR specialty competencies.
- Consistently maintains licensure, BLS, annual mandatory nursing reorientation, ACLS certification, and evidence of ongoing education in OR.
- Consistently participates in unit educational activities.
- Applies and documents the Nursing Process independently.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
- Competently assumes a leadership role in patient-care teams.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care tasks, duties, etc. to other team members based on scope of practice and competency, supervising the care provided.
- Actively participates on at least one unit team, task force and/or committee.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Implements the PDCA continuous quality improvement model to improve patient care and/or the smooth function of the unit with guidance.
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills, and objective active listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Acts as a role model CNI's, and unlicensed personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions, and effective problem-solving.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
Map this location
Get an idea what your commute will be like.
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started