RN II Obstetrics Acute
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Obstetrics Acute
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $45.28 - $64.44 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
- Six (6) month current maternal-child nursing. When staffing can support a transition RN, applicants without the
requisite experience may be considered.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Neonatal resuscitation certification is required.
- Certification in fetal monitoring is required within one (1) year of employment.
- Evidence of lactation support education required within one (1) year of employment.
- Spanish speaking experience is preferred.
- Specialty certification in obstetric nursing is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of care delivery.
- Demonstrates competency level 2 in all core RN competencies and required MIU specialty competencies.
- Consistently maintains licensure, BLS, annual mandatory nursing reorientation, neonatal resuscitation certification, and evidence of ongoing education in fetal monitor strip interpretation.
- Consistently participates in unit educational activities.
- Applies and documents the Nursing Process independently.
- Must also demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
- Competently assumes a leadership role in patient-care teams.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care tasks, duties, etc. to other team members based on scope of practice and competency, supervising the care provided.
- Actively participates on at least one unit team, task force and/or committee.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Implements the PDCA continuous quality improvement model to improve patient care and/or the smooth function of the unit with guidance.
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills, and objective active listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Acts as a role model for CNI's, LVN's, and unlicensed personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions, and effective problem-solving.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN II Obstetrics Acute at St Johns Regional Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started