Physician Asst First Asst CVOR
The posted compensation range of $68.46 - $86.32/hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
The Physician Assistant - First Assist CVOR
St. John's Regional Medical Center
The Physician Assistant - First Assist CVOR reports to the Director of Perioperative Services. Responsibilities include assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation and standards of nursing practice and optimal outcomes, including supervision of staff and OR Technicians. Directly partners with surgeon intraopertively and assists with pateint positioning. Directs and manages surgical team members while practicing perioperative nursing. Will function as a liaison between physicians, nursing staff, allied healthcare professionals, patients and their families.
- Has the willingness and ability to perform additional responsibilities in different areas of the main OR, Outpatient Surgical Center and Inpatient Surgical Services of the SJPVH and SJRMC campus as needed basis.
- Provides effective communication with Physicians, Staff, and administration with reporting problems, equipment, supplies or procedures. Requests assistance as appropriate.
- Attends 80% of staff meetings and reads initial minutes of all meetings.
- Two (2) years intraoperative experience in assisting the surgeon in the OR.
- Must have graduated from a program of instruction for Physician Assistants recognized and approved by the California Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants.
- 200 hours of practical experience with robotics, a minimum of 50 robotic cases preferred
- NCCPA Certification and maintain of the NCCPA certification is required in accordance with the NCCPA requirement of being recertified in the fifth or sixth year of a six year maintenance cycle.
- Ability to work in several surgical specialties such as gynecological cases, open heart and urology utilizing robotic technology. Work in other cases when not in robotic cases.
- AHA BLS Required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs