The posted compensation range of $41.55 - $42.59 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
Physical Therapist I
St. John's Regional Medical Center
Do you take great pride in achieving the best possible outcomes for patients? Are you passionate about providing exceptional care? Join Dignity Health St. John’s Regional Medical Center team today as a Physical Therapist. As a Physical Therapist you will be working one-on-one with your patient's to provide them with individualized care. Under the guidance of a physician you will develop plans of care and utilize skills and techniques to provide quality care to your patient's on a daily basis. When you join Dignity Health St. John’s Regional Medical Center you become part of a team that is not only dedicated to their patients but to each other as well. Here you will truly make a difference each and every day as you work alongside a supportive team. Our Physical Therapists are eligible for a weekend differential of $10.00 more per hour after you have worked one weekend day in the month. We have a competitive benefits package work-life balance professional development and an outstanding work environment you will have everything you need to achieve success in your career. Bring your passion for patient care and you will build a career you love as a Physical Therapist. We currently have openings in our Acute Rehabilitation Center and in our Acute Hospital.
- Accurately identifies patient's functional deficits/dysfunction through review of the medical record through observation of the patient through information obtained from the patient/family and through manual muscle testing range of motion testing postural analysis functional analysis and other physical therapy assessment techniques.
- Accurately interprets the physician's order.
- Abuse Protection and Reporting: Identifies and reports patient abuse and neglect i.e.: physical assault domestic abuse and neglect of elders and children
- Communicates regularly with other members of the healthcare team regarding goals progress and rehab potential.
- Works as a collaborative member of the treatment team.
- Attends any necessary and appropriate patient care meetings such as mini rounds weekly patient care conference weekly NICU discharge meetings etc.
- Attends at least one department/hospital in service a month (NA - per diem)
- Terminates treatment appropriately and plans for the patient's discharge in adequate time for appropriate referrals to be made.
- Makes appropriate recommendations for referrals at next level of care including outpatient therapy home health and MTU.
- Demonstrates correct technique of accepted physical therapy procedures including functional mobility training balance training coordination exercises assistive devices/equipment therapeutic exercise wound care and manual therapy techniques.
- Adheres to and promotes the practices policies and procedures of the hospital infection control program.
- Accurately assesses patient pain status educates patient/family regarding appropriate pain relief strategies and effectively implements and evaluates the pain management plan on an as needed basis.
- Makes appropriate recommendations regarding the patient's plan of care to the physician case managers nursing and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates competent working knowledge of standard physical therapy practices procedures and equipment utilized in the department.
- Ability to interface with physicians and communicate verbally and in writing a patient's deficits and need for PT services.
- Must possess or be eligible to possess a current California license in Physical Therapy.
- Must obtain licensure within 4 months of hire.
This position is represented by L121 PRO and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs