Physical Therapist II
The posted compensation range of $41.00 - $86.00 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
Physical Therapist II - Physical Therapy
St. John's Regional Medical Center
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Physical Therapist II to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, planning and implementing patient treatment programs to help patients recover from injuries, illnesses or surgeries.
- Accurately identifies patient's functional deficits/dysfunction through review of the medical record, through observation of the patient, through information obtained from the patient/family, and through manual muscle testing, range of motion testing, postural analysis, functional analysis and other physical therapy assessment techniques. Accurately interprets the physician's order.
- Communicates regularly with other members of the healthcare team regarding goals, progress and rehab potential.
- Works as a collaborative member of the treatment team.
- Attends any necessary and appropriate patient care meetings, such as mini rounds, weekly patient care conference, weekly NICU discharge meetings, etc.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Family is included in teaching, as appropriate.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of a care plan through regular written progress notes as per department policy and modifies the plan as needed
- Adheres to and promotes the practices, policies and procedures of the hospital infection control program.
- Makes appropriate recommendations regarding the patient's plan of care to the physician, case managers, nursing and other health care team members.
- May supervise and evaluate Physical Therapy students, interns and foreign trained applicants.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience; evidence of ability to function with a high degree of independence and competence.
- Current California license in Physical Therapy. (LIC PT CT)
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Cert. (AHA BLS)
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with fellow staff members, physicians, hospital departments and the general public.
- Demonstrates competent working knowledge of the standard practices, procedures and equipment utilized in the department.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in departmental and hospital programs.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to achieve results through good organizational skills and prioritization of work.
- Ability to work independently and be a functional team member in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to mentor/coach student interns or oversee their clinical experience.
- Ability to be flexible with caseload within any given day, as needed for the benefit of the department.
- Promotes P.T. services in the community as appropriate.
This position is represented by L121 PRO and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs