Pharmacy Tech II
St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Tech II is responsible for the preparation (excluding I.V. Chemotherapy admixtures) and distribution of all medication orders according to hospital policies, standard practices of the profession and State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Six (6) months of previous hospital pharmacy experience
- High School graduate
- Registered State Board of Pharmacy Technician (CT PHRMTEC)
- Competency certification of I.V admixture preparation and compounding is required of the Pharmacy Tech II upon hire or within thirty (30) days of hire date.
- This requirement may be satisfied by submission of competency certification for I.V. admixture preparation and compounding from a qualified institution or successful completion of I.V admixture preparation and compounding assessment through observation and assessment by department management within thirty (30) days of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to follow both oral and written directions.
- Ability to be precise in filling medication orders and maintaining records.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with team members, the patient and their family, and the public.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.