Lab Clinical Tech
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values the Lab Clinical Tech supports and promotes the provision of quality patient care. The Lab Clinical Tech actively participates as a team member in the systems functions and activities of the unit/department. Responsibilities will include:
- Carries out correct procedure for blood testing. (Drawing labeling and transporting to Laboratory). Uses patients bar-coded label or requisition slip and patients armband to correctly identify patients first and last name as well as MR and or Visit # date of birth and mothers name on newborns to insure accurate patient identification.
- Prioritizes STAT TIMED and ROUTINE draws and transports accordingly to meet turnaround times. Responds to all requests and pages in a timely manner consistent with laboratory policies.
- Follows all OSHA and CAP requirements in performance of job.
- Maintains the appropriate stock level of supplies in work area and for procedures before leaving end of shift.
This position is represented by SEIU and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collectiv bargaining agreement.
- Six (6) months recent hospital experience as a Clinical Technician / Phlebotomist required
- BLS and CPT certification required
- Must have a High School education and successful completion of the State of California approved Phlebotomy Training Program
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs