St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care, pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft.
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
Director of Security and Emergency Management
Directs activities related to protecting safety and security of patients, visitors, staff and physicians. Coordinates ongoing Hazardous Vulnerability Assessments (HVAs) for changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Directs the daily activities of the security department and emergency management functions. Prepares, disseminates, and follows up on security assessments / HVAs.
- Monitors existing security systems and technologies for possible security leaks or fraud. Responsible for the development and monitoring of physical and electronic measures.
- Designs and conducts security awareness and emergency preparedness training programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Security and Emergency Management programs and develops and implements the Security Management Plan and Emergency Management Plan.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Criminal Justice, Safety Administration, Emergency Management, or a combination of education and/or job related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing a Security, Safety and Emergency Program; two (2) of which must have been in a healthcare organization.
- Two (2) years of active participation in a healthcare/community-based emergency management program.
- Current Driver's License.
- Security Guard Card
- Knowledge of Life Safety, TJC CMS and OSHA regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of Hazmat WMD First Receiver Operations and Decontamination for healthcare.
- Workplace violence training within 6 months of employment.
- Completion of NIMS compliant ICS 100HC, 200HC, 700 & 800 courses or state equivalent.
- CPR BLS & HA Certification within 90 days of employment.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs