Certified Athletic Trainer
The posted compensation range of $23.87 - $32.82 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. John’s Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional.
Certified Athletic Trainer - Community and School Health Initiative
St. John's Regional Medical Center
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Certified Athletic Trainer to work with community student-athletes. The Athletic Trainer provides for the prevention, care, and reconditioning of injuries incurred in the interscholastic athletic program. Dignity Health cares about the community that we work in. Come and join the caring individuals and work with a team that respects one another.
- Attendance at scheduled practices, Home interscholastic contests, and Away games.
- Administers First Aid to injured students involved in all interscholastic athletic programs.
- Applies protective injury-preventative devices such as adhesive strapping, taping, bandaging, padding, brace, etc.
- Works cooperatively with the team physician and under his/her directions for reconditioning/rehabilitation of injured athletes and physician/hospital referrals.
- Records all injuries/treatments and maintains files of each athlete. .
- Supplies fully equipped First Aid kits for each team.
- Works cooperatively with all coaches in selecting protective equipment.
- Maintains an inventory of all First Aid supplies.
- Counsels and advises athletes and coaches on conditioning and training techniques for their respective schools.
- Reports every severe injury to the principal, school nurse, coach, and athletic director.
- Reports all injuries to the school nurse and athletes daily basis.
- 6 months of experience as an athletic trainer
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in health related field, preferably Athletic Training
- Certified through the Board of Certification (BOC) for the athletic trainer, and in good standing
- Current NATA certification in good standing (CT NATA)
- Current AHA CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Experience in a high school setting
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs