Annie Jeffrey Memorial Hospital is an independant hospital that is not operationally affilicated with CommonSpirit Health. Through our local partnership, CommonSpirit is assisting and advising in the recruitment and selection process. The hire made for this role will be made by the governing board for Annie Jeffrey Hospital and the new hire will be the Chief Executive for this independant hospital.
Annie Jeffrey Memorial County Health Center was recently named one of the top 20 critical access hospitals (CAHs) for quality in the country.
At Annie Jeffrey Health Center, we strive and are committed to providing the highest quality health care in a multitude of settings. We focus on staying current with the constant achievements and evolving technologies in the services we provide. Annie Jeffrey Health Center works collaboratively with its community, patient population and other providers to achieve excellence in health care, respect for life and respect for each other.
Our hospital is a 16-bed critical access hospital. We provide state-of-the-art equipment operated by trained professionals. We take our responsibilities and obligations seriously and strive to serve our area with compassion and respect in a warm, welcoming facility with a knowledgeable and experienced staff.
In 1956, Polk county received a generous gift from Dr. Charles W. Jeffrey. As a memorial to his mother Annie, Dr. Jeffrey had a new hospital built in Osceola.
Thanks to Dr. Jeffrey's foresight, Annie Jeffrey Health Center is proud to say that we have helped thousands of people through the years. Our dedication to improving both the delivery of health care and the living conditions in our area are among our top goals.
With your help we can build upon what we have accomplished in the past to help to mold our future. Annie Jeffrey Health Center is here to work with you and your family.
Annie Jeffrey Memorial County Health Center is committed to providing high quality, personalized and compassionate health care in a professional, confidential and efficient manner to the people of Polk County and surrounding areas.
Annie Jeffrey Memorial County Health Center is a patient-focused health center governed by six core values:
- collaboration and teamwork
- continuous learning and quality improvement
Job Summary / Purpose
The CEO of Annie Jeffrey Health Center (AJHC), Osceola, NE, provides leadership, strategic guidance and management direction to all aspects of the hospital's operations while ensuring compliance with the hospital's mission, vision, values, goals, strategic direction, and applicable laws and regulations. The CEO reports to the assigned Hospital Board of Directors.
The CEO is accountable for safe and quality patient care, developing and managing to a financially sound annual operating budget and long-term capital expenditure plan, hiring and retaining qualified and productive staff, managing risk, leading performance improvement, and maintaining effective relationships with Boards, medical staff, patients, employees, the community and the corporate office.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision. All stakeholders should know the hospital’s mission, vision, and priorities
- Works with Board, senior management team, physicians and staff to develop, implement, and update strategies and opportunities for growth and improvement to support the hospital’s mission and respond to external and internal issues
- Is responsible for the operational, strategic, financial and clinical performance of the hospital
- Provides for a system of control which clearly identifies deviations from plans and budgets; assure periodic comparison of performance and/or results against established standards for objectives; and assure corrective actions for deviation from plans so that annual results are in line with strategic goals
- Maintains the hospital’s compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements
- Required: Bachelors Degree AND MHA, MBA, or MS in healthcare administration, business administration, public health administration or a related field
- Required: At least 3 years of acute care operational and or adminsitrative leadership experience