Women’s Resource Nurse
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Labor And Delivery Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
As our Resource Team Labor & Delivery Nurse, you’ll guide patients through the labor and childbirth process, focusing on the safety of the mother and baby, with kindness and compassion.
As a nurse in this role, you will have varying roles and responsibilities at various campuses throughout the Omaha metro area. You may work in Obstetrics - triaging patients or perform screening exams on walk-ins or you may guide patients through a routine induction and delivery. You'll be busy monitoring the mother’s dilation progress while also keeping close watch on the baby’s fetal heart rate; providing updates and support to the patient’s partner and loved ones.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to appreciate that routine is never routine. We have some wonderful days and get to be with people through huge milestones in their lives. We also have some hard days and are with people as they grieve. You must be sensitive and understanding, and above all else, you must remain calm in an emergency. You’re calm. You’re in control. You’re handling the situation.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health which operates 137 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S. residents.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient’s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
What You'll Do
- Triage walk-ins to determine if a patient is in labor, water is broken, false alarm, etc.
- Support pregnant patients in labor including induction, epidural assistance (if needed), general pain management and fetal monitoring.
- Educate patients on various interventions or procedures, medications (name and purpose), exams, and labor stages.
- Assess newborns and provide care.
- Communicate with the care management team, including anesthesiologist, physician or midwife, lactation nurse, charge nurse, postpartum unit, patient and family.
What is a Maternal Resource Team/Float Pool? A nursing pool developed by CHI Health for flexible nurses, providing high quality specialized care to patients across multiple hospital campuses. Because this pool is designed to value flexibility, premium pay is offered in addition to regular differential pay.
Premium Differential Pay:
Day Shift - earn an extra 10% / hour in addition to weekend differential pay when applicable.
Night Shift - earn an extra 15% / hour in addition to night and/or weekend differential pay.
Resource Team/Float Pool is for you, if you wish to:
• Be rewarded for your flexibility and thrive in an environment where no two days are the same.
• Maximize your income by earning premium differential pay.
Resource Team/Float Pool is not for you, if you:
• Prefer the stability of working on a dedicated unit at a dedicated campus.
We are offering a $10,000 Sign on Bonus and up to $10,000 in student loan repayment assistance to new hires who meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- One year of RN experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred, NRP required within 5 months of hire, etc.
- Additional certification or licensure may be required
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Women’s Resource Nurse at CHI Health
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started