Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Pharmacy Supervisor ensures the quality of service and continuity of patient drug therapy and care. This position contributes to the Mission and Vision of CHI Health by serving as a designated functional lead with oversight of the day to day activities of their operations and team members. Provides management support to plan, organize and lead resources with assigned team members; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the department. The supervisor participates in operationalizing CHI Health strategic initiatives and priorities.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: Setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback and recognition, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Assists the Director of Pharmacy, with staffing and personnel assignments to maintain adequate coverage of pharmacy services to all service areas.
- Represents the pharmacy on committees and at meetings, as requested by the Pharmacy Director.
- Supports pharmacy staff to provide direct pharmacy services to patients, including compounding, dispensing, consulting and advising.
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and compliance with all applicable JCAHO, federal, state and agency laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Works with Risk Management and Quality to develop systems and quality improvement programs to minimize the risk of medication errors. Develops educational programs to insure all staff members are aware of medications errors at CHI Health and across the country.
- Represents pharmacy on Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Safe Medication and Administration committees and others as assigned across the system as requested by Pharmacy Leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline OR 3 years’ experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess strong knowledge of Hospital Pharmacy Services; strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and professional standards; strong project management skills; good communication skills; good strategic planning skills; strong change management skills; must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
Preferred 5 years of progressive experience as a practice pharmacist.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs