Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
**Eligible for a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus! **
Analyzing lab testing is pretty complex. We depend on the knowledge and skills of our supervisors to support the lab team. Our labs are vital to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. It is our lab supervisors that will partner with management to ensure that our patients receive the best possible experience. If you are looking to make a difference in a motivating role, then this is it! Connect with CHI today
What you will do:
- Has the authority to interview, hire, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Plan work, the day to day activities; assign work and direct functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective action.
- Meets all accountabilities for the Medical Technologist position. Assures adequate staffing for workload by scheduling staff in the section. Assures that department technologists critically evaluate specimens & correlate results to clinical status of patients. Assures that staff communicate and appropriately document results to clinical personnel. Assures that staff operate, calibrate, conduct performance checks, and maintain lab instruments and equipment with appropriate documentation. Reviews QC, Activity Reports, corrected/exception reports with feedback to staff & OD. Appropriately documents staff performance with Personal Performance Improvement Plan when necessary. Works as needed as bench MT.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or a related field required.
- ASCP certified within 12 months upon hire.
- 2 years of progressive experience in a clinical laboratory science preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.