Sterile Processing Tech I
The posted compensation range of $14.78 - $20.33 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy our focus is patient-centered care. Our level I trauma center and academic medical center campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services includes trauma services heart and vascular care emergency services surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
Eligible for New Hire Sign-On Bonus!!!
*Speak to a recruiter regarding incentive eligibility, requirements, and restrictions for new hire employees and current employees accepting a promotion.
Job Summary / Purpose
Sterile Processing Technicians are responsible for cleaning, assembly, and sterilization of instrumentation from all areas of the hospital. They pick up and deliver as needed following AAMI, OSHA, and Joint Commission recommendations for identifying contaminated and clean items. They may assist with case cart assembly and OR room turnover. Technicians contribute to the department goals through quality services.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for cleaning, inspecting, processing, assembling, and sterilization of all instruments and equipment following Policy/Procedure, Industry Standards, and manufacturer Instructions for Use (IFU).
- Practices Universal Precautions and follows OSHA requirements at all time.
- Assists with daily/weekly testing and logging of all mechanical equipment, including but not limited to Mechanical Washers, Sonic, all Sterilizers.
- Maintains accurate and legible documentation.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of instrumentation by identification of items needing repair.
- Follows procedure for set assembly utilizing Instrument Checklists and/or Instrument Tracking where available.
- Where applicable:
- Completes case cart assembly by adding needed instrumentation to the case cart.
- Assist with OR Room Turnover
- Cleaning and HLD of GI Scopes, Bronchoscopes, TEE Probes
- Uses supplies (wrap, containers, chemicals, etc.) efficiently, correctly, and according to IFU.
- Participates in Department activities including, but not limited to, Orientation, System Education, Quality, Daily Briefing & Supply needs
*One (1) Year of applicable experience, determined by facility –OR-*Successful completion of a Sterile Processing Tech or Surgical Tech Program from an accredited school.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs