The posted compensation range of $21.80 - $31.62 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
CHI Health Immanuel located in North Omaha just off of I-680 on 72nd Street offers a full-service hospital cancer center rehabilitation center specialty spine hospital and more. For well over a century our commitment to serve our community inspires our staff to provide the highest quality of care to all who we have the privilege to serve.
We take our sleep seriously, and with our Polysom Techs to help, we can find effective ways to help others. You will be providing direct care to patients while safely operating sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep/wake stages, respiratory events, cardiac events and other clinical events.
RRT's can be trained if interested in polysomnography, and SDS or RPSGT certifications also qualify!
What you will do:
- Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the appropriateness and effectiveness of diagnostic testing based on patients’ age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs. Is responsible for communication to the physician of pertinent patient data.
- Initiates and monitors overnight testing procedures in accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Communicates a professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Practices strict ethical enforcement of protected medical and employee confidentiality.
- Assists coordinator with quality assurance programs for the department and makes recommendations as needed.
- Operates in full compliance with organization’s safety program. Responds to all emergency preparedness situations as appropriate. Utilizes standard precaution and assures unit’s equipment is ready for safe operation.
- Performs duties in documented accordance with requirement of all regulating/governing bodies.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education requirements as stated by policy.
- May participate in on call rotation for staffing.
What you need:
One of the following
- Licensed as Respiratory Care Practitioner with State of Nebraska
- Licensed as Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RSPGT) certification
- Licenced as Sleep Disorder Specialist (SDS) ceritification
Registered Polysom Technologist (RPSGT) within 6 months of hire
AHA BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire
SDS certification preferred
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs