Occupational Therapist PRN
The posted compensation range of $10.50 - $750.25 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Schedule Requirements: 2 weekend shifts per month (Sat or Sun) and 2 holidays per year
As an Occupational Therapist at Lakeside Hospital, you’ll help our patients regain their independence and quality of life so they can safely go about their daily activities.
You’ll work alongside physicians, physical therapists, speech therapists, and other health professionals to assess patients, develop a plan of care, and carry out their treatment plan. You’ll see a variety of patients daily with issues in several areas, including orthopedic, neurological, sensory, and cancer recovery, to name a few. You’ll evaluate and re-evaluate patients and provide physicians with updates on improvements to the patient’s daily life. You’re truly the bridge between physical therapy and speech therapy.
To thrive in this role, you must be flexible and adaptable. You’ll care for all patient populations presenting with a variety of conditions. You need to be extremely organized and efficient. You’ll see many patients each workday and will be required to document all evaluations, treatments, and status changes. Most importantly, you must be positive, personable, and motivating. While the entire care team works to treat illnesses and injuries, therapists truly motivate patients to get active and get better. It can be a long road for some patients, and a therapist who remains upbeat and energetic can make all the difference.
- Work with physicians, physical therapists, speech therapists, and others to evaluate new patients and recommend a plan of care.
- Provide treatments to patients focusing on increasing range of motion, strengthening, and maintaining balance during daily activities
- Recommend adaptive equipment and customize it as needed
- Perform re-evaluation assessments to update progress, status changes, etc.
- Document all evaluations, treatments, and any changes to the treatment plan
- Seek help when needed; provide support when others request it - this can include assistance with tasks, advice, mentoring, or help to obtain additional specialty certifications if you’re interested.
- Maintain a friendly and upbeat attitude to motivate our patients to do their best.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Any combination of BS, Masters, Doctorate
Required Licensure and Certifications
Active Occupational Therapy license in the state of Nebraska, or occupational licensure compact. Basic life support is required upon hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High level of proficiency in both verbal and written communication. High level of proficiency required for critical thinking skills and to serve patients and professional team as an expert the field of Occupational Therapy. Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
Experience in the field of Occupational Therapy working in a hospital environment
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs