Med History Pharmacy Tech VIRTUAL
The posted compensation range of $15.49 - $21.30 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Location: CHI Health Service Center, 7261 Mercy Rd, Omaha, NE 68124
The incumbent of this position will work from the CHI Health McAuley Fogelstrom Center, serving patients virtually at CHI Health Hospitals in Nebraska and Iowa.
This position will provide technical support in obtaining, verifying for accuracy, and recording initial medication histories from patients &/or their designated family/caregivers upon presentation to CHI Health patient care areas. Includes conducting patient &/or family interviews focused on obtaining current medication regimens including prescription and over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications, as well as vitamin and herbal supplements. Perform other functions of a pharmacy technician registered in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, as applicable and within the scope of Nebraska/Iowa law as needed.
- Successfully complete Medication History Pharmacy Technician Competency/Skill Set.
- Interview patients &/or their designated family/caregivers as soon as possible after presenting for care to CHI Health clinical areas (may include the Emergency Department, as well as inpatient and outpatient areas).
- Obtain & record in the electronic medical record a current list of medications to include: prescription medications, over-the-counter (non-prescription) medications, vitamin and nutritional supplements, as well as the source(s) for this information.
- Recording should include the following: name/location of patient’s ambulatory pharmacy, medication/supplement name, dosage form, strength, dose, day/time of most recent dose, and source(s) of the information being recorded.
- Attempt to clarify as many uncertainties and compile as complete a medication history as possible utilizing patient and family/caregiver information, ambulatory pharmacy records, clinic records, long-term-care facility records and information from previous hospital encounters.
- Obtain & record in the electronic medical record an allergy history for each patient. In doing so, clarify & record the nature of the allergic reaction when necessary.
- Consult with a pharmacist in all cases of unresolved uncertainties related to a patient’s medication & allergy history.
Required Education: High School Graduate or GED Certification. Minimum of 1 year pharmacy experience or successful completion of ASHP-accredited pharmacy technician program.
Required Licensure and Certifications: Pharmacy Technician Licensure required based on state worked:
Nebraska Board of Pharmacy - Must be registered by the State of Nebraska as a Pharmacy Technician upon hire and as a certified pharmacy technician. If you were registered as a Pharmacy Technician as of January 1, 2016, you must be certified upon hire. If you were first registered after January 1, 2016, you must be certified within one year from the registration date.
Iowa only technicians are required to register with the Board by submitting an initial pharmacy support person registration application for registration within 30 days of accepting employement in an Iowa Pharmacy as either a certified pharmacy technician or technician tranee registration. Certification must be completed within 1 year of hire.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Typing, computer entry, basic math, and communication. Working knowledge of pharmaceutical/medical terms, abbreviations, and symbols. Job requires continuous reading skills and verbal communication skills. Job requires occasional written communication skills. Functions well as a member of any team.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs