Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
• Performs clinical laboratory procedures to aid the physician in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to established standards and practices of laboratory medicine. This position contributes to the mission and vision of CHI Health by performing waived to moderate complexity laboratory testing according to established QC protocol under direct supervision of a medical technologist or medical laboratory technician. Identifies problems ( technical, instrumental, physiological), and brings it to the attention of a technologist or technician.
• Performs phlebotomy, transports, receives, prepares and accurately tests biological specimens using procedures consistent with safe work practices and proper laboratory technique while maintaining integrity of specimens.
• Performs waived and moderate complex testing as allowed by CLIA regulations.
• Critically evaluates specimens and correlates all lab results to the clinical picture of each individual. Communicates and documents all testing and results in a timely manner to clinical personnel involved in patient care.
• Maintains and operates test systems for optimal performance; collaborates with tech or technician to resolve technical issues.
• Follows CAP and all regulatory guidelines, demonstrating consistent adherence to national patient safety goals.
Required: High School diploma or GED.
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors of Science Degree, One year clinical or laboratory experience
M-F 3:30p to midnight with occasional weekends and holidays.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.